USING OUR LED FURNITURE WITH BATTERIES
Below are some common questions we get about using our LED lighted tables with batteries.
Do your tables come with batteries?
• All tables come with a standard plug in power supply. Batteries are an additional cost since not everyone will need battery power. When adding the battery option, a plugin power supply is still included.
Where do you put the battery?
• It varies by furniture series but generally the battery sits underneath the table.
• They are not built in or affixed to the tables. This is so you’re able to easily remove the battery and charge it elsewhere and / or swap depleted batteries with charged ones to reduce down time. This is especially important when you have a large number of tables spread out across a venue.
• For tables that aren’t enclosed, like Carbon Series and Aurora Series tables, there is no place to hide the battery underneath. You can still use these tables with a battery, but you’d need to run the power cord from the table to nearby seating and hide the battery underneath or behind.
How long will the battery last?
• Contrary to popular belief, LED lighting can’t run endlessly on a 9v battery. Our LED lighting is super bright and our led tables have a lot of it.
• The amount of time a table will run on battery power depends greatly on how big the table is and what color LED lighting you have it set to. A average sized table running red lighting may last 24 hours while only lasting 6 hours set on white lighting.
• On average, tables running white will only last 5-10 hours on a single charge.
• You can find out more information about battery life on the Battery & Charger Page
Do I need a charger for every battery?
• If you’re using you tables every day, then you will need a charger for each battery.
• When ordering multiple tables for use every day, we recommend buying two batteries for each table. One to charge while the other is in use. In this case you don’t need a charger for every battery.
How long does it take to charge a battery?
• Fully depleted batteries can take up to 8 hours to charge.
Are batteries warrantied?
• We do not warranty the batteries for any duration. Leaving your battery completely discharged for even a week can severely shorten it’s life. Leaving it much longer and it may no longer hold a charge at all. This is why it is extremely important to recharge your batteries after each use and to never store it unless it is completely charged.
• These are 12v Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) batteries which is the same used in your car. Like a car’s battery, they will not last forever and will eventually need to be replaced depending on use and treatment.
Why are batteries & chargers so expensive?
• We do not mark up the cost of our the batteries we sell. We receive discounts for buying in quantity and we pass on that savings to our customers so we actually charge less than retail.
• See for yourself. Batteries Plus – Duracell 12V SLA 12AH Battery