WALL MOUNTED LED SHELVES
TRANSFORM YOUR BAR
One of the easiest ways to make your home or commercial bar really impress is to install LED lighting throughout and by adding our led shelving you’ll do just that! Not only will they complete transform your back bar, but they will bring much-needed attention to your highest margin products!
GREAT FOR ANY APPLICATION
Whether you’re displaying your amazing liquor collection, new product line or just some things around your house, there is no better way to bring attention to it than with one of our led lighted shelves!
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SHELVES
Here at Customized Designs we make virtually everything made to order and our led shelves are no exception so why not make your shelves perfect for your application? On our online store you’re able to select length to the closest inch. If you need a more exact dimension or would like to increase/decrease the overall depth of the shelf then be sure to contact us!
COMMON LED SHELVING QUESTIONS
Why do you sell the shelves and controller kits separate? This is confusing!
- The reason is to save you money! Because shelves can be jumpered to one another, each one doesn’t necessarily need its own controller kit. (explained below)
How many controllers and power supplies will I need?
- Each power supply and controller can power up to 20 linear feet of shelving.
- Any combination of shelving up to 20 feet will work on one power supply and controller whether it is (10) 2′ shelves, (4) 5′ shelves or (2) 8′ shelves.
- See also 20′ Rule Exceptions
Why can I only run 20′ of shelving on one power supply and controller?
- Each power supply and controller are only capable of powering so many LEDs over a certain distance. Any more than this and there may be a noticeable difference in brightness from the beginning of the shelving compared to the end.
- See also 20′ Rule Exceptions
What do I do if I want more than 20′ of shelving?
- This is very common and in this case, you will need additional power supplies and controllers. A pair for each 20′ length. Note: Having two or more different controllers will make it difficult to sync color changing modes between each different system.
- Alternatively, you can create a power loop by connecting power at both the first shelf and the last shelf. This method requires a 3 Way Splitter and probably additional jumper cables.
- Please note that this is an advanced connection method and should only be done if you can confirm the power supply is not drawing over its maximum output which is 60 watts.
Where do I put the power supply and controller?
- It depends on where you’re putting the shelves. If you’re installing them behind your bar or somewhere with cabinetry your best bet is to put both in a nearby cabinet or drawer. If they are free floating in a room it becomes more difficult. A lot of our customers simply hide both behind whatever it is they put on the shelves.
How do I hide the wires between the shelves?
- The best way is to put them inside the walls or adjacent cabinets. If this isn’t an option, then the only thing you can really do is run them on the wall and disguise/paint them.
***Always check your local electrical codes or consult with an electrician before running cables through your walls. Do not put the power supply inside your wall or in any very confined space.
How are these floating shelves mounted?
- All of our shelves use the same satin nickel mounting bracket. There are two different sizes. Small for 4.5″ deep shelves and large for 9″ deep, wine rack shelves and curved shelves.
How much weight can these shelves hold?
- Each bracket is rated to 30 lbs (assuming you’re screwing into studs) which is more than any amount of bottles you could fit on it. However, we would advise against doing something like stacking bricks on these shelves.
What if my brackets don’t line up with my studs?
- Although these brackets come with plastic drywall anchors, if you’re planning to use these shelves to display heavy items like bottles, we recommend getting heavier duty anchors (toggle bolts) from the hardware store just to be safe.
What if I don’t need the brackets?
- If you’re installing your shelves inside a cabinet or have some other kind of support, be sure to contact us before you order as we will subtract the cost of the brackets from the price of the shelves.
20′ RULE EXCEPTIONS
The Long Version
Why the 20′ rule exists to begin with
We created the 20′ rule to ensure that everyone purchasing our shelves is happy with them no matter what color they use them on. When using the shelving on white, we cannot guarantee you’ll be happy with the result over 20′ and we can’t have that!
So, whats the deal with White?
• Our lighting uses Tri-Chip LEDs. One chip with 3 colors (Red, Blue Green). To create white, it mixes all three colors at full brightness. This means that White draws nearly 3x more power than any single color.
• Low Voltage power can only travel so far before it begins to lose strength. This is called voltage drop. When this happens, LEDs get progressively dimmer and dimmer.
• Because white consumes so much more power than other colors, a noticeable voltage drop occurs much sooner. In this case around 20′. After 20′, White will start looking more and more dim and pinkish is in tone. The pink effect happens because the LEDs aren’t getting the right voltage to properly mix to create a crisp white.
We want you to be happy with your shelves so if you plan on using them on white, please stick to the 20′ rule. If you hadn’t even considered using white, go nuts!
The Short Version
You can exceed 20′ of shelving on a single controller kit if:
• You never plan on using your shelves on White
• If you do use them on white, you’re not concerned about the trailing end being much dimmer and/or a pinkish color