- The acrylic shelves on your display are attached with very strong adhesive tape. The tape holds the shelf in place and is also a barrier against moisture.
- The adhesive gets stronger over time so older displays may be harder to remove.
- Using tools to pry underneath is likely to chip the side laminate so avoid using them unless absolutely necessary.
Important: The underside’s edges of acrylic shelves can sometimes be sharp. Use caution.
Removing Standard / Straight Shelving
- To remove a shelf, grab onto the 1/4″ overhang on either side of the display and lift up.
- Once you break the corner loose, the rest of the shelf should easily peel off.
Removing shelves on Island / Wrap / Corner style displays
- Use extra care when removing shelving on these styles of displays or any other custom display.
- Putting too much tension on the 90° degree corners may cause the shelf to fracture in the corners.